Weil Lifestyle is an organization founded with the mandate of providing an ethical funding platform to support the Weil Foundation. Its mission is to be the leading resource for education, information, products, services and philanthropic contributions based on the principles of integrative medicine. Headquartered in Tempe, Ariz., Weil Lifestyle is the owner of the website www.drweil.com and the exclusive worldwide licensor of distinctive products and services that are developed, reviewed and approved by Dr. Andrew Weil. (About Us - Andrew Weil, M.D.)
Links to Dr. Weil's approved web content and partners are listed at about.me/drweil
Weil Lifestyle maintains and presents the content of www.drweil.com, a free online consumer resource for healthy living based on an integrative medicine philosophy. Since 1996, www.drweil.com has helped millions of consumers and health professionals stay abreast of news and information in the field. Its servers log more than three million pageviews and deliver over 14 million free opt-in e-bulletins each month. Dr. Weil is actively engaged as the editorial director for the site, overseeing both its direction and content.
"My primary purpose in creating Weil Lifestyle is to establish a stable financial base to provide funding for research and educational programs that will ultimately improve health care and empower individuals to make better health choices by following the principles of integrative medicine. I also want to make quality products available to people who are interested in following my recommendations," said Dr. Weil. "As a practitioner and teacher of integrative medicine for the last thirty years, it has been my personal mission to drive research, teaching, clinical practice, and public education to advance this system. I believe that integrative medicine is the future of medicine and health care."
Since its inception in 2005, the Weil Foundation has given out more than $5 million in grants and gifts to medical centers and other non-profit organizations nationwide.
The goals of Weil Lifestyle are achieved through royalties from licensing and offering a range of best-in-class products and services. Its commitment to the public is to provide therapies that enhance health and well-being, and help achieve a lifestyle guided by the philosophy of integrative medicine.
Weil Lifestyle exclusively markets this line of products and services through www.drweil.com, in retail locations across the U.S. and worldwide including:
- Dr. Weil on Healthy Aging - Based on the insights in Dr. Weil's bestselling book, Healthy Aging, DrWeilonHealthyAging.com is an interactive, dynamic online source of information that can help anyone successfully negotiate the process of growing older.
See a list of Dr. Weil's licensees.
What is Integrative Medicine?
Integrative medicine is healing-oriented medicine that takes account of the whole person (body, mind, and spirit), including all aspects of lifestyle. It emphasizes the therapeutic relationship and makes use of all appropriate therapies, both conventional and alternative.
- Patient and practitioner are partners in the healing process.
- All factors that influence health, wellness and disease are taken into consideration; including mind, spirit, and community as well as the body.
- Appropriate use of both conventional and alternative methods facilitates the body's innate healing response.
- Effective interventions that are natural and less invasive should be used whenever possible.
- Integrative medicine neither rejects conventional medicine nor accepts alternative therapies uncritically.
- Good medicine is based in good science. It is inquiry-driven and open to new paradigms.
- Alongside the concept of treatment, the broader concepts of health promotion and the prevention of illness are paramount.
- Practitioners of integrative medicine should exemplify its principles and commit themselves to self-exploration and self-development.
Find more information about integrative medicine from the Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine's website.